Our official school motto is ‘Quid Retribuam Domino?’ - ‘What can I render to the Lord?’. Our unofficial motto is ‘Traditional Foundations, 21st Century Education’.
These ideas underlie our school aims, which are as follows.
- To regard all our pupils as of equal importance and to provide equal opportunities for all.
- To create an ordered and civilised environment for learning.
- To encourage all pupils to attain the highest standards in their studies, conduct and personal appearance, and to take pride in all their achievements.
- To promote positive and confident relationships between all members of the school community.
- To provide excellence in teaching, assessment and guidance.
- To offer opportunities in a wide variety of extra-curricular activities for personal development and enjoyment.
- To foster self-esteem, respect for others and the world around, and to offer opportunities for initiatives and leadership.
- To look at all pupils as developing individuals and to respond to their particular needs at any stage of their education whilst ensuring their entitlement to a common curriculum.
- To create an effective partnership between home and school.
- To build on pupils’ achievements in previous schools and to prepare them for future learning and their role in a changing society.
- To serve the local community, to provide opportunities for all to continue education throughout life, and to maintain good and productive relationships with local industry and commerce.
For more information about how King James´s promotes British values and students´ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, please click here.