As a Sixth Form student you will be expected to meet certain standards of behaviour and academic achievement. Please regard school in the same way that you would regard part-time employment and treat school accordingly.
- Arrive at school prepared to learn. This means having all correct equipment and having the mind-set to work.
- Attend all lessons, enrichment and supervised study periods.
- Be punctual to all lessons, enrichment and study periods.
- Complete all independent study tasks to the best of your ability and on time.
- Attend all Academic Advisor sessions.
- Check school email, Sixth Form Bulletin and Fronter regularly.
- Advise the school of intended absences in advance through completion of a ´blue form´.
- If you are ill and unable to attend school, telephone the office on 01423 798704. Complete an absence form on return.
- Wear the school uniform correctly at all times.
- Respect all staff and other students.
- Behave in a manner which sets a good example to main school (younger pupils).
- Respect the school environment.
The development of good study habits will make the transition to life beyond King James´s more successful. You should strive to:
- Develop good study habits - balance your time between school work, social activities and paid work
- Make productive use of study periods
- Use a diary or planner (electronic or paper) to organise your time effectively and keep track of commitments
- Act as a positive role model for younger students. This should be reflected in how you wear your uniform, your behaviour and your language
- Involve parents/carers in your education - discuss issues which affect you with them
- Take reports and letters home in good time
- Communicate fully with all staff - your subject teachers, your advisor, your Learning Manager and the Director of Sixth Form
- Make an active contribution to the wider life of the school by taking part in prefecting, school service, charity events, etc.